The easiest way to write an effective cover letter

Most of the people finds it hard when it comes to cover letter, many people lose their opportunities because either they ignore employer requirements for cover letter or they write a bad one.
Here i will explain to you how to write an effective cover letter by the best way.

First# you need to read the job description carefully, to see if you have the skills or not, if you don`t have the minimum skills of the job that means you never done something like this, at this point you can’t explain to the employer how you can do this.
Cover letters are about explaining to the employer the way you will take to execute the task effectively, lets put this aside and start with formals.

Always start with a formal way.
For example, i will be applying for administrative assistant in this scenario.
and at the top of my letter i will start with:

Cover letter (make sure this one is centered in your document)

Date: 2022/02/11
Subject: administrative assistant
To: HR manager/ Google company

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Part#2

Below are the requirements of the job I’m applying for

Responsibilities

• Answer and direct phone calls
  • Organize and schedule appointments
  • Plan meetings and take detailed minutes
  • Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
  • Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
  • Develop and maintain a filing system
  • Update and maintain office policies and procedures
  • Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
  • Maintain contact lists
  • Book travel arrangements
  • Submit and reconcile expense reports
  • Provide general support to visitors
  • Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
  • Liaise with executive and senior administrative assistants to handle requests and queries from senior managers

So below Dear Sir/ Madam, i will start telling how i found this job, and how i can help with my skills:

I’m writing to you to express my interest in joining your team through the announced job post post: administrative assistant i found on IQJ Scout, I’m confident that my skills and experience make me the perfect candidate for this position.

Through my previous jobs I went deep into administrative skills by dealing with different tasks everyday that led to smooth and excellent office operations.
Also, recorded excellent results in solving issues needed my actions by providing support to my colleagues in different departments.

Now tell the employer what skills you will use for this job:

Below are a few of the skills that I will put in work for this position:
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular).
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Arranging meetings, appointments, and executive travel.
- Liaising with teams and units.
- Answering phone calls and taking messages.
- clerical tasks (such as scanning or printing) skills.
- Preparing and editing letters, reports, memos, and emails.

Part#3
Tell about your personality, most of the companies select people not only for their technical skills, but also for their personalities, its important to tell the employer how you treat the people around you. and how you kill the barriers to achieve excellent results, can be done like below:

Also, On personal aspect, i’m very good at working in a cross-culture environment that requires, race, language, and gender awareness, i’m good at working under pressure for urgent tasks that may have strict deadlines, also, to work in teams.
I take issues as challenges, i learn from them by solving new ones time to time.
I’m good with helping and providing knowledge to others, i teach and learn from them.

Part#4
End it with formality as below:

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Varin

Now, i will put all the parts together so you can see how the cover letter can be in complete form.

Cover letter (make sure this one is centered in your document)

Date: 2022/02/11
Subject: administrative assistant
To: HR manager/ Google company

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I’m writing to you to express my interest in joining your team through the announced job post post: administrative assistant, I’m confident that my skills and experience make me the perfect candidate for this position.

Through my previous jobs I went deep into administrative skills by dealing with different tasks everyday that led to smooth and excellent office operations.
Also, recorded excellent results in solving issues needed my actions by providing support to my colleagues in different departments.

Below are a few of the skills that I will put in work for this position:

- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular).
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Arranging meetings, appointments, and executive travel.
- Liaising with teams and units.
- Answering phone calls and taking messages.
- clerical tasks (such as scanning or printing) skills.
- Preparing and editing letters, reports, memos, and emails.

Also, On personal aspect, i’m very good at working in a cross-culture environment that requires, race, language, and gender awareness, i’m good at working under pressure for urgent tasks that may have strict deadlines, also, to work in teams.
I take issues as challenges, i learn from them by solving new ones time to time.
I’m good with helping and providing knowledge to others, i teach and learn from them.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,
Varin

3 Likes

This is legit very informative! I love your info Varin!

2 Likes